- Be a leader in my community to help families who have young people struggling with drug addiction.
- Work to establish a new counseling practice focused on young adults with substance dependence issues.
- Develop innovative approaches to reduce the accompanying shame.
- Work to develop community among my clients by hosting open mic events and other team building activities outside the usual counseling model
- Logistics of office space, paperwork, phones, etc
- Standing on the top of a Colorado 14er with a group of young recovering addicts with a huge sense of accomplishment.
- Receiving frequent emails, texts or phone calls from former clients who have altered the course of their story
- Learn to develop and edit films of people living out stories while climbing mountains
- Find people climbing Colorado 14ers who have stories to tell
- Film these stories and interview people with Joel to begin to work out the details of this business model
- Create a compelling website
- Transitioning from a full time psychotherapist to artist apprentice
- Mountaineering does not cooperate with the story (weather, conditioning)
- The vulnerability of creating artwork for others to view
- Standing with tears in my eyes with Joel at the summit of mountain as a story unfolds.
- Having more requests to film and create than we can handle.
- Climb Denali before I turn 40 (and return home)
- Yoga 1-2 times per week
- Manitou Incline 2 times per week.
- Price the trip and begin saving
- Run Pikes Peak Marathon in 2013
- Money issues may make this difficult
- Denali is huge
- Building a team of climbers with a common goal
- Standing at the summit of Denali with my brother. Yelling. Taking pics. Shedding a tear.